Departing from Hanoi, we move to Bac Kan by bus or bike. Bac Kan town located about 60 km from capital city Hanoi to the north. Moving by bus takes 3.5 – 4 hours. Moving by bike will take more time.
Service bus to Bac Kan will start from My Dinh bus station with the average price of 100.000 - 130.000 VND/1 turn.
If you use private car, note to drive in the right lane with proper speed during traffic time to avoid violating the law. You should go through Highway 3 to Thai Nguyen. This road is even and easy to drive.
Note to bring enough private papers when moving by private means of transport. Strictly obey the land traffic law. Wear gloves, facemask and sunglass for protection. Turn on Google map function to find direction if necessary.
Coming to Bac Kan, we can use bus or rent bike to rike or use motor services for moving to surrounding tourist spots.
What is proper time to travel to Bac Kan
Bac Kan’s tourist spots change its beauty by season, so you can arrange time to come to Bac Kan anytime and choose appropriate kinds of services.
You should call for booking room in advance. We recommend some following addresses with reasonable price:
Bac Kan hotel: 8B group, Đuc Xuan ward, Bac Kan town; Army guest house: Song Cau Ward, Bac Kan.
Ba Be: Cho Ra market town, Ba Be. Ba Be national park’s guest house: Ba Be national park, Nam Mau commune, Ba Be.
Special foods in Bac Kan
Following is the food we shoud not let it be forgotten when coming to Bac Kan: steam rolled rice pancake, vermicelli and grilled chopped meat, bamboo-tube rice, Gai cake, Quang Thuan mandarine, vermicelli, Kaki (Japanese persimmon) and foods from bamboo shoot, buffalo meat on the smoking-shelf and Ba Be bourbon…
What to take
- Pack essentials, including light comfortable clothes suitable for outdoor activities, comfortable walking shoes. We also recommend packing: sun cream, raincoat and sun hat…
- It is essential to bring mosquito and insect repellent and other medicines.
- Take tent, sleepbag and thin coat for camping if neede.
Frequently used routes:
- Ha Noi - Thai Nguyen - Bac Kan
- Lang Son - Bac Giang - Thai Nguyen - Bac Kan
- Ha Giang - Tuyen Quang - Bac Kan
- Ha Giang - Cao Bang - Bac Kan.
Have a great journey!