Departing from Bac Kan district, going along 257 provincial road, visitors will come to a historical vestige ATK – Cho Đon, belonging to the historical vestige community of Northernmost Vietnam base where Uncle Ho and senior leaders lived and worked during the resistance against the French colonialists (1946 - 1954).
During the resistance against the French colonialists, like Dai Tu, Dinh Hoa (Thai Nguyen), Son Duong, Chiem Hoa (Tuyen Quang), Cho Don district was chosen as safety area for the resistance by Uncle Ho and Communist party of Vietnam. Local people receive and cover up for central committee and senior leaders of Vietnamese Communist party and government.
Ho Chi Minh president visited Cho Don district on December 8, 1947 in order to lead and direct the resistance. From December 7, 1947 to the end of December, 1947, Uncle Ho lived and worked at Ban Ca (Binh Trung district), then at Na Pau (Luong Bang district) in early 1951.
For start of border campaign in August, 1950, Truong Chinh, a Vietnamese Communist leader along with Communist Central party moved to Khuoi Linh from Phu Dinh (Thai Nguyen). During this time, he made preparation for the second party congress (2/1951)
From early 1950 to 1951, Pham Van Đong (served as Deputy Primier of Vietnam government) and government office lived and worked at Khau Ma hill (Luong Bang district).
From 1950 to 1952, Na Quan (Binh Trung district) was chosen as the base of Central Communist party where held the closing conference of 1950 winter autumn border campaign.
During the period of 1947- 1952, most central agencies located in Cho Don district such as Voice of Vietnam, Radio Agency, Army technology house, Politico-military school, Military weapons factory, Printing house of National Salvation Newspaper, Army medical station...
The historical vestige community ATK - Cho Đon consists of six national vestiges (Ban Ca, Na Pau, Khuoi Linh, Bang village, Na Quan, Khau Ma hill), four provincial vestiges (Na Pay, Phja Tac, Khuoi Đam hill, Na Kien) and 16 cases which are considered as the history study destination for all generation.
Coming to ATK – Cho Đon, visitors not only visit historical vestiges but also study traditional culture beauties and witness the changes of this traditional land.
Following Highway 3 (Ha Noi- Thai Nguyen - Cao Bang) to km 31, turning left to the wavy forest route and go through evergreen tea and shady palm mountains, visitors will feel relaxed after a long trip to ATK- Đinh Hoa, far 50 km from central city Thai Nguyen to the west, northwest which is considered as a mountainous area with military strategy. Đinh Hoa was once chosen as a safety area for the resistance, centre for leading 9-year resistance against the French colonialists. Ho Chi Minh president, leaders of Vietnamese Communist party and government and Central party agencies once worked in Dinh Hoa from 1947 to 1954. ATK is possibly considered as the capital base of the resistance against the French colonialists for many years ago. There has been nearly 100 vestiges spreading Dinh Hoa mountains, of which, the following vestiges have been recognized as national reserves:
- Tin Keo vestige (Phu Đinh district) is the place where Uncle Ho lived and worked during period of 1947-1948 and associated with political bureau to carry out Spring winter campaign (1953-1954).
- Đoi Na Đinh (Khuon Tat hamlet, Phu Đinh district) is the place where Ho Chi Minh president lived and worked with his assosiates: Truong Chinh, Pham Van Đồng, Vo Nguyen Giap…
- Khau Ty hill (Điem Mac district) is the first destination when Uncle Ho came to ATK Đinh Hoa on May 20, 1947.
- Phung Hien (Điem Mac district) is the workplace of commander Truong Chinh.
- Bao Bien hamlet (Bao Linh district) where Ministry of Defense and General Vo Nguyen Giap garrisoned during 1949-1954.
- Quang village (Đinh Bien district) where the regrouping meeting held on May 15, 1945, renamed the armed Propaganda Unit for National liberation and National Salvation Army into Vietnam Liberation Army.
- Cho Chu prison- Đinh Hoa was built in 1916 to detain patriots and Vietnam
- The establishment place of Viet Nam Jounalists Association (Roong Khoa hamlet, Diem Mac commune, Dinh Hoa district) where the first festival of “People like Viet Nam jounal” Association held on April 21, 1950 (the precursor of today Viet Nam Jounalists Association). (Source from thainguyen.gov.vn)
Tan Trao historical vestige located in a small valley of Son Duong district, Tuyen Quang province, far 41 km from Tuyen Quang city, 150 km from Hanoi. It has an area of 6.633 hectars. Tan Trao is the historical vestage of Viet Nam revolution during August revolution 1945. Nowadays, it is recognized as one of 23 vestiges of national importance. Tan Trao is provinsional capital of Liberation area where Vietnamese Communist Party carried out nationwide congress on August 13, 1945 in order to determine general uprising. National congress held here on August 16, 1945 and passed 10 main policies of Viet Minh with a view to elect a provinsional government under the guidlines of Ho Chi Minh president and Viet Nam Liberation Army carried out the deployment ceremony. Tan Trao war zone has become a stamp of Viet Nam revolution and today become a tourist spot atracting a lot of visitors. (Source from tuyenquang.gov.vn).